Quest Men’s Bible Study | April 7, 2021 | Genesis 41
- Join us at 7:00 am in the Parlor at The Shepherd’s Church. (Come a little early for coffee and a light breakfast.)
- Do you have a health risk related to COVID-19? You can participate via Zoom using THIS LINK.
- Immediately following the large group, we break into discussion / prayer groups. If you are not yet in a group, contact Scott Wylie.
Outline and Discussion Questions:
- God Revealed Himself to Pharaoh. (Genesis 41:1-8)
- A Court Official Remembered Joseph. (Genesis 41:9-13)
- QUESTION: Have you experienced a time when you seemed to be languishing, and wondered if you would be permanently looked over? What lessons have you learned from extended times of unanswered prayer?
- Joseph Interpreted Pharaoh’s Dream. (Genesis 41:14-32)
- QUESTION: What stories have you heard of how people handled sudden wealth or sudden fame poorly? What kinds of things does dealing with rapid wealth, promotion or fame reveal about a man? What are some warnings to heed when we experience tremendous blessing?
- Joseph Provided Pharaoh With A Recommendation. (Genesis 41:33-36)
- Joseph Was Exalted in Egypt. (Genesis 41:37-45)
- Joseph Administered The Land of Egypt. (Genesis 41:46-57)
- QUESTION: The following verses can help you apply what you see in Joseph to your life. Look up the reference and discuss the implications. What does Ephesians 2:10 say about God’s purpose for your life? What perspective does Romans 8:28 provide when we face difficult times? How does 1Corinthians 10:13 help us when we’re tempted to pursue our own means of avoiding or getting out of trouble? How does Philippians 4:12-13 help us face hardship and prosperity faithfully? According to 1Peter 2:12, what should others see in you, even those who hate you and hate God? According to 1 Samuel 2:30, what is our responsibility when we are esteemed, honored or promoted?